Wednesday, May 16, 2012

{pretty, happy, funny, real}

~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~

Pretty:
Corbin has arrived! He made his grand entrance last week and we came home from the hospital on Tuesday. He's been keeping things interesting by looking and acting very differently from Noah when he was a newborn.
A fleeting smile. So sweet.

Happy:
The big brother, proudly holding his baby. He loves to look at Corbin and report what he's doing - along the lines of "Hey, Mama, his eyes are OPEN now!" and "Papaaaaaa! The baby is really crying now!" They are so sweet together.

Funny:

 Baby is dreaming of dancing?
I took this photo so my mom could see Corbin wear these pants - they're a family hand-me-down. I thought I had a photo of either myself or my sister wearing them, but I couldn't find it.
 
Real:

I'm all smiles in this photo, but this was when things started going really wrong. A short time after this photo was taken, the doctor determined that I likely had some internal bleeding and I was whisked back into surgery, where they found a blood clot that had burst into one of my ovaries.
I'm sure I'll share more details another day, but for now, I'm simply glad to be alive.

Pretty, happy, funny, real is the brainchild of these ladies here, who are encouraging their reader to find contentment in the everyday perfection and imperfection of life.

13 comments:

bethany actually said...

Oh man. I'm very glad you are alive, too. That's such a gorgeous photo of you and Corbin!

I know I keep saying this to you, but you were so very much on my mind on Saturday, and I prayed for you more or less constantly from the time I woke up and there was no news from you, because I sensed something Bad might be going down. And then when I knew you were okay, many prayers of thanks were said, too. In case you hadn't figured it out yet, you're pretty important to me. :-)

a chris said...

Congratulations! Also glad to hear you're OK. It's quite scary when you see the medical professionals get worried about bleeding.

Corbin is a very beautiful baby (with gorgeous hair). Lovely pic of Noah holding his new brother at the start of their lifelong journey together.

Wishing you a speedy recovery from the physical insults of birth and much enjoyment of this unique and crazy time with your family.

Carrie said...

Congratulations! He's beautiful!

Sounds like a very scary time. I hope all is well now and you are all getting some sleep.

Hope said...

congratulations! He is beautiful! I'm glad you had good medical care that caught the bleeding and you are okay now. (whew! that is scary!).

Liz said...

Congrats! Glad you and your beautiful baby are okay. Love the name, by the way!

Anonymous said...

herzlichen glückwunsch!
und gut, dass alles wieder gut ist!

genieße den babymoon!

leslie

Yara said...

Everything that Bethany said ; )

Also, awww look at those brothers!

*kate said...

Congratulations! And I am so glad that you are ok!
Sounds like Corbin has a super big brother. :)

Roxie said...

Congratulations on your beautiful baby. I am so glad you are okay!

Kenj said...

Congratulations! These are beautiful photos :)

Debbie said...

That's so scary about the 2 surgeries! I'm glad that you're ok. I can't wait to see him. He's so cute!

Christina LMT said...

Congratulations, Sonja! I'm so glad to hear you're okay now after such a scary time. Corbin and Noah are adorable together, and you are a beautiful mom.

Lisa said...

Welcome Corbin! I'm glad you're better. :)