Wednesday, February 22, 2012

tour de San Diego

Last week, Noah and I loaded up the car and drove (and drove and drove) to San Diego. It was one of those days when California went way overboard with The Pretty. I found myself tempted to adjust the rear view mirror so I could gawk at the mountains as I was leaving home. It had rained the day before, but now sky was bright blue, and dramatic little clouds were clinging to the peaks of the snow-covered mountains. Then, when we got to the ocean, there was more Pretty (this time, I pulled over to take photos):
vulture
windy self-portrait
Our next stop was the Wannabe Hippie Estate. Noah was extremely excited about feeding the chickens:
Elaine's chickens
all photos stolen from Elaine's flickr stream - thank you






After we fed the chickens and visited with the humans for a while, we headed out toward Crowderland, where our kids gleefully celebrated their reunion with the traditional Screaming And Running Around.
The next morning started with bacon and pancakes...
 ... and continued with a hike at Torrey Pines State Reserve, where California dazzled us with The Pretty once again.


more windy self-portraiture


 After our hike, we hid in the trunks of our cars to eat lunch (it was windier than we'd expected), and then headed down to the beach.
Twenty-eight weeks, you guys! Time is going by fast.
The boys had to climb.
And because that hadn't been enough fun yet, our next stop was a sunny playground where we met up with Elaine and her girls.
And then we pretty much fell into bed exhausted. Except for the part where Bonnie and I accidentally stayed up past midnight talking and giggling. We made up for that by staying in our PJs until 11 the next morning, lingering over breakfast/coffee and doing more talking and giggling.
TARDItional hostess gifts?!
I made Bonnie a TARDIS pillowcase as a hostess gift. And because I'm not the only nerdy crafter between the two of us, she had made me a TARDIS pottery ornament. It was an unintentional TARDIS-exchange. <3
It took us all weekend (and beyond) to sleep off all the fun we had, but it was so worth it. Thank you for having us, friends!

2 comments:

sarahgrace said...

See... this is why I (well, we) need to move to California. It's gorgeous all the time and I could hang out with all you lovely people! :)

bethany actually said...

The only thing stopping me from UTTER BURNING JEALOUSY is the fact that I am moving back there in sixish months.