Thursday, January 12, 2012

{pretty, happy, funny, real}

~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~

Pretty:
Day 5: Heirloom
One of my Christmas presents - a quilt that was made by my mother-in-law's mom and grandma. Click on the picture to read the full story behind the gift.

Happy:

blurry boy looking at our blurry plane
Noah at the airport, watching our plane being loaded up with luggage and food.
Noah and I are in Germany, visiting family! We've recovered from our jet lag(s) (which took a bit longer for me this time because I managed to catch a cold when I was really sleep-deprived) and are having fun with Omi and Opa, Aunt Inka, and other assorted family members and friends.

Funny:

future 7dayer
Inka gave Noah a camera for Christmas, and he's been taking photos of everything. He captures things from an angle we adults have never even really considered, so it's been fun to see his photos. He's got a few blur issues because he lacks practice in pushing the buttons without moving his camera-holding hand, but he's taking really interesting - and sometimes funny - pictures. The self-portrait you see above is one of many. Seems like he's been paying attention during 7days!

Real:

Day 2: Should I give up chocolate?! I seem to be getting a bit chubby.
you can read more about this photo on flickr - just give it a click
After some elaborate calculations (and a bit of quick googling), I realized the other day that I'm in my sixth month of pregnancy! As in, five months are completely DONE!
I'm sure that by the end of April, I'll be singing a different tune, but for now I'm ready for time to slow down just a tad. I have diaper elastic to replace and a quilt (for Noah, ahem) to finish, among other things!


Pretty, happy, funny, real is the brainchild of these ladies here, who are encouraging their reader to find contentment in the everyday perfection and imperfection of life.

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

What a beautiful quilt, handsome boy, and cute baby bump! Hope you're enjoying your time in Germany. I got to go there to visit my sister and BIL when I was just about that far along with my first child. It was a great time!

bethany actually said...

When I was a kid, I read somewhere that to help steady yourself before taking a picture, you should hold your breath. Does Noah know how to hold his breath? You could always suggest it to him if he's getting frustrated at all.

I'm glad to hear you're over the jet lag. And hey, you'll have a few diapers coming from me! Just remind me which ones you sent me in the first place and they'll come right back to you. :-)

Yara said...

So, Noah will be joining us for the spring round of 7days?

ayearinskirts said...

miss you friend!