Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

The pies are defrosting as we speak, the bread for the stuffing is drying out (aka being stale-ified), the turkey is defrosting in the fridge, and I have enough potatoes to make food for a small army.
I made cranberry sauce on Sunday, and it turns out that making it ahead of time was a really good idea, because it gave me the chance to boil it again on Monday (when I realized it hadn't thickened up properly), and then it gave me the chance to eat some of it when my brie sandwich was boring. Yum - cranberry sauce is one of my favorites.
Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

sarah doow said...

I'm looking forward to all the Thanksgiving posts about food popping up in my feed reader. Pie FTW.

Yara said...

I've never made cranberry sauce. I bought some (in a glass jar from Fresh & Easy) but I don't really know what the purpose of cranberry sauce is...
it's not something we hispanics grew up with.