Sunday, November 13, 2011

3.14

pies cooling on my counter
We were invited to a pie making extravaganza yesterday. There were three of us making pie crusts (with "help" from the children) and two of us making pumpkin pie filling, and way too many children running around like crazy (aka "playing"). We'd cranked out about 20 pies by the time we sat down for dinner! It was sort of exhausting, but also really fun. I liked being able to focus on just one thing (I've got that pie filling recipe memorized...). My friend was steaming and pureeing the pumpkin, so I didn't have to worry about that, all my other ingredients were within reach on the counter, pie crusts were being assembled faster than I could fill them... I guess I'm used to doing housework on my own, so working as a team like that was really refreshing and fun.
And at the end of the day, I took home four finished pies and two more crusts,* I was fed a delicious dinner (and people liked the salad & dressing I contributed), and my child fell asleep in the car on the way home. WIN!

*I left early because Noah was getting tired-hyper, so I took two crusts home for apple pie.

4 comments:

bethany actually said...

Pie-making extravaganza? BRILLIANT.

Carrie said...

Where are all those pies? I'm coming for them! Nom nom nom. I love pumpkin pie and have usually made several by this time of year, but haven't been up to making pie crusts this year. A pie baking extravaganza sounds very social and fun/

Sonja said...

Well, we split up the pies. The rest of them are with the other baking fools. :)

sarah doow said...

A pie party sounds like so much fun. I need to have me one of those.