Thursday, October 13, 2011

{pretty, happy, funny, real} pumpkin patch edition

~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~

Last week, we met some friends at the pumpkin patch. It was a beautiful day, the kids got along great (as did the adults, haha), the petting zoo was filled with gentle creatures (it was the least scary petting zoo I've ever been to), and we only lost the kids in the corn maze for a very short moment. I call that a win.

Pretty:

I loved looking at the orange fields all around us.
pretty pumpkins

Happy:

Noah riding the tractor-pulled wagon
He loved picking up the pumpkins. It's serious business!
friendly, tame, soft, clean goats
 Funny:

self-portrait with a goat - because why not?!!
Lisa and the squash phone
"I like dis one!"
Real:


passed out on the way home
This nap? He fell asleep around 4pm and slept until we got home just before 5pm. It was 9:30 by the time he finally fell asleep for the night. So while this made for a peaceful ride home, it totally ruined my evening. Oh well - it was a small price to pay for such a fun day at the pumpkin patch!


Pretty, happy, funny, real is the brainchild of these ladies here, who are encouraging their reader to find contentment in the everyday perfection and imperfection of life.

6 comments:

Bethanne said...

I like his serious "pumpkin picking up" expression. Looks like a great day!

sarah doow said...

Pumpkins are such beautiful things. I've never seen a big patch in person, but I have a feeling I'd have a difficult time leaving it if I did.

bethany actually said...

I look forward to going to a pumpkin patch with you next year. Maybe!?

I hate those late-afternoon naps that ruin bedtime. It's a catch-22!

The Provincial Homemaker said...

Looks like you all had a great day. Ah, those late afternoon naps cause such nightmares at bedtime:)

Lisa said...

Looks like much fun, but don't speak of corn mazes! Did you hear the news today? Some family in Massachusetts couldn't find their way out of one - had to call 911.

Yara said...

That was a fun trip! Next year will be even better, if Bethany & the girls are going with us : D