Wednesday, August 17, 2011

big boy

The Thing I've dreaded for so many months has happened.
The Thing that other mothers have warned me about with wide-eyed looks of terror.*

Noah no longer naps.

And while I now deal with a tired boy for a couple of hours in the late afternoon (with the fit-throwing and the inability to deal with anything and the crying at the drop of a hat), and I lost my beautiful mid-afternoon break, I also have a child that falls asleep for the night around 6:30.
AND IT IS BEAUTIFUL.

*This might be a slight exaggeration.

3 comments:

Madge said...

Three Cheers!!! I hated being a slave to the nap. Once I got over the horror of it disappearing, I would be all like, "yeah, let's get together at 1:00 p.m. my kid doesn't nap!!!" :P

bethany actually said...

Haha, YES!!! Early(er) bedtimes rock. Unfortunately by the time Annalie dropped her nap for good (she did it reaaaaallllly gradually over between 3.5 and 4.5) she was old enough that I didn't get a 6:30 bedtime, but I did get a kid who went to bed at 7:30 and was asleep by 8, and after years of a kid who often took two hours to get to sleep after bedtime (which of course meant many trips to her bedroom for me and Troy in those two hours) that was a beautiful thing too.

And Madge is right. When you don't have to worry about naptime, you can DO stuff in the middle of the day!

zebrabelly said...

What they said. And you can always institute a Quiet Time in the middle of the day. Which may involve locking yourself in the bathroom, but hey.