Monday, June 20, 2011

(temporarily) giving up on eloquence

I spent several hours yesterday working on a blog post. The harder I tried and the longer I sat there and thought about it, the less I was able to put my feelings into words. The problem, I think, is that I don't actually have any answers; I only have rudimentary ideas.
This morning, I came to the conclusion that I needed to give up on eloquence and just say what I had to say without trying to be profound.

National Sculpture Garden, Washington, DC

Yesterday was a slightly sad afternoon. It's just that I suddenly really miss the baby I'd be getting ready to have any day now had I not had a miscarriage last winter.

10 comments:

Liz said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. That is a terrible thing for you and your family to go through. It's okay to be sad and ineloquent. Blog hugs for you.

Anonymous said...

You honor the tiny life that you were gifted with for far too short of a time by remembering them.

I have lived through the same pain...

-Mom to many
blessed with
one angel.... stillborn 38 wks
3 butterflies... miscarried before 6 wks
3 here with us on earth

Annika said...

<3

Christina LMT said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christina LMT said...

Oh, Sonja, I'm so sorry for you and your family. Take as much time as you need, and no eloquence is necessary.

bethany actually said...

Well, now I kinda feel like an a$$ for teasing you that you should BLOG about the disastrous swim lesson. :-\ I'm sorry you had a rough day yesterday, and sorry for the loss of your sparrow. ♥

(It occurs to me, looking at your photo, that I should use that tree this week for 7 Days!)

Melissa Haworth said...

SO sorry :(

sarah doow said...

That's so sad to hear, I'm so sorry for you all.

a chris said...

Sometimes simply is the most eloquent way to say it. I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

zebrabelly said...

Sonja I'm sorry. (((hugs)))