Wednesday, July 07, 2010

I am toddler, hear me roar


cracking up, originally uploaded by girlwithgreencard and fabric!.

The other day, we had lunch at a restaurant down in the OC. Noah got bored waiting for his food and started checking out the restaurant. Now, I get that it's a disturbance to have a toddler running around a restaurant. I get that you don't want to have him come check out your food/drink/purse. If I saw him do that, I'd come capture him and apologize profusely. What he was doing that day, however, was completely harmless, and he was in nobody's way.
He was checking out a door that was sort of close-ish to a table where three ladies were having some Margaritas. They all gave him this glare-y stare of death. The Husband went to collect Noah since it was obvious that the women weren't pleased with his presence (in the vicinity of their table? on the planet? who knows) while I pondered... How dead do you have to be on the inside when this sort of cuteness doesn't make you at least crack a tiny smile? What's wrong with you that you can't even give us the common courtesy of a slight lift of the corners of your mouth?
Ugh, I'm so glad I don't live in Orange County anymore.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Very very dead!! I guarantee if Noah were a small dog they'd be all over it. Noah can come around my table anytime!

bethany actually said...

Remember these are the women who hire other, less-wealthy women, to raise their children while they go eat lunch with each other and recuperate from various plastic surgeries. *sigh* Crazy old world.

(My verification word is "shicint" which sounds like an excellent made-up swear word.)

Christina LMT said...

Awwww, he's adorable! And to be honest, the worst death-glares my children and I received were when we DARED attempt to eat dinner in a restaurant in Germany. Apparently it's okay to have your dog with you, but small children are a no-no. Oh, and airplanes, too. People LOATHE you if you bring your toddlers/babies on a plane. Of course, I had three children aged three and under at the time, but I maintained control!

a chris said...

People like that will always exist. Best we can do is not worry about them. They may never understand about kids but that should be their problem alone.