Sunday, July 11, 2010

cheep, cheep


love!, originally uploaded by girlwithgreencard and fabric!.

Yesterday, I jumped at the chance of babysitting two little chicks for a few hours. Those birds... they are so soft and sweet and chirpy! We let them run around on our patio for a little. Noah loved them so much... he petted them and even caught one to put it in my lap. I ended up having to protect the babies from his excitement - he was doing an awful lot of jumping up and down that could have ended badly.
Later, when I nursed Noah to get him ready for his nap, he asked for the chickens to climb up on the bed with us to they could nurse too. If that's not a sign of love, I don't know what is!

5 comments:

bethany actually said...

Oh, OW. That's all I can think about chicks nursing. :-)

bethany actually said...

p.s. Do you realize this is the FIFTH time you've blogged in less than two weeks!? Yay!

Sonja said...

I'm on fiah! And yes, I told Noah that chickens don't nurse and he didn't press the issue. I mean, I'm pro-breastfeeding, but a beak disqualifies. ;)

sarah doow said...

How do I get a gig babysitting chicks?! I wanna be a chicksitter. But not a chicksitteronner.

Inka said...

Well, as his shirt sais he is Mr. Bounce ... his job is to jump up and down :-)