Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Ohhh, it splatters!

I had the bright idea to make fingerpaint today. I googled how to, then mixed water, corn starch, and food coloring. I followed the directions, but my paints came out super runny (as you can see). I think next time I'd try to make a paste by adding slowly and gradually adding water to corn starch.
However that may be, we "painted" today. It was an insane mess, and as is to be expected, Noah really, really enjoyed himself.
And so did I.
green-handed and focused
Good Mamas wear splatters
What does it feel like?

8 comments:

Jamie said...

That does look nice and messy. You're a good good mom.

doow said...

I believe that simple pouring of the paint puts him one above Pollock in expressionism. I love his concentration: must. make. a. mess.

bethany actually said...

Water, cornstarch & food coloring is my recipe for sidewalk paint!

Christina LMT said...

I could never do stuff like that with my kids when they were little...I couldn't stand the mess!

I'm positive I know who's the better mom!

(Hint: it's not me.)

Lauren S. said...

what fun!

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

that looks so fun! how old is he now? just over a year, right? gosh, time flies!

tshsmom said...

Good for you for letting Noah make a mess!! Most of my kids' good memories involve the times I let them get messy...which was most of the time. ;)

Gracie said...

I miss your words. I keep coming back to your blog just to find your adorable boy in his messy-mess. Actually, it's a nice surprise each time. He's a cutie!