Tuesday, June 02, 2009

baby steps

Just like that, I haven't blogged in over 2 months. I was just telling Bethany that I was having a hard time finding my way back into blogging. I feel like being gone for that long means that I should now have something spectacularly awesome to tell you (hint: I don't). Bethany is never one to be short on good advice, so I'm following it: Just post a picture of Noah.
Well, there you go. My baby is huge. He has three teeth. He pulls himself up on everything. He opens kitchen cabinet doors and drawers. He tries to reach his hands into the toilet and is getting very frustrated about being shushed away from the (apparently very exciting) bathroom trash can. Yesterday, he chewed the spine off one of his books. He can crawl out of the bathtub and off my bed by himself. He can shake his head 'no' and he usually means it. He says "Nein, nein, nein" when he realizes I'm putting him down for a nap. He can open his diaper pail and pull out dirty diapers (that was a fun discovery!). He's becoming more boy and less baby every day.

8 comments:

bethany actually said...

Yay, you blogged!

Your next assignment: a 3,000-word essay on What I Did on my Vacation in Germany. ;-)

(Brenda says, "Yeah, no kidding!?! She hasn't blogged about that!")

doow said...

Bethany said you should post a picture of Noah, but I'm pretty sure that's not Noah. Noah is tiny and cute, not enormous and cute like this kid.

ZebraBelly: said...

Yes, she definitely traded him in for a new baby. But MY GOODNESS HE IS HANDSOME.

Also I love it that he speaks German. Probably I should not be surprised and I am going to assume that babies in Germany tend to also speak German, but you know, I am sheltered.

Yara said...

well I was shocked on finding a post from you this morning! happily shocked!
I agree, we want to hear about Germany. Pictures would be great to.
You may not say "Nein, nein, nein" to this assignment, though I promise not to count your words ; )

Elaine said...

Who's that BIG KID? See, we wouldn't be so shocked if you just posted a photo now and again. Also? If you visited. But that's not always as easy as one could hope.

Sigh.

Miss you. So, thanks for this!

tshsmom said...

It's a shame that babyhood is so short, but the terrible twos go on FOREVER!

CityStreams said...

You were missed! Glad to see that big hunk of love again. Seems like yesterday I was looking at self portraits and he was inside your tummy! Time flies.

Christina LMT said...

He's adorable! And BIG. Thanks for posting, I've missed you.

W/V "rouse" Yay, you roused yourself and posted! :)