Sunday, January 04, 2009

sicko

Turns out that Mr. Meltdown was coming down with a nasty cold. The Husband returned from work on Friday, choked out "My throat is really sore. I need to crash." and vanished into the bedroom for three hours. Noah went to bed around 6:30. By 9:00, he'd already woken up (and been patted back to sleep) twice, so I gave in and nursed him. I thought his nose sounded a little stuffy (famous last words, right?!).
For the next few hours, I woke up with Noah about once every hour. By early morning, 4 or 5 or so, The Husband awoke from his coma sleep and took the feverish, miserable sniffler off my hands so I could get some sleep.
All day Saturday, I got to take care of two sickies, and let me tell you - If there is anything in the world that's more fun than taking care of one sick person, it has to be taking care of two sick people. *sigh*
Last night was basically a repeat of the night before, except that The Husband slept in the guestroom until about 5am, when the screaming brought him out of his hiding place and he took over for me. We traded back and forth (one taking care of Noah, the other sleeping in the other room) for the rest of the morning.
If I make it out of my PJs today, I'll count that as a major accomplishment!

5 comments:

bethany actually said...

Awww, I hope the sickos are better soon, and that you don't get sick too! Also, once everyone is well I hope you get a really great night's sleep!

JennyLynn said...

Hope they are feeling better soon!

Christina LMT said...

Oh, I hope you are all doing better ASAP.

W/V "cryoggy"...when you get soggy from crying too much!

Sascha said...

Gute Besserung an die Jungs!!! Kranke Männer sind schlimm...;-)

P.S.:
http://sue-und-sascha-heiraten.blogspot.com/

:-)

tshsmom said...

I like it better if babies are screaming rather than laying around like a dishrag...that scares the snot out of me!