Friday, January 09, 2009

a new game

Ugh! You guys eat this stuff? On purpose? Ummm, WHY?!!

Noah had some mashed banana today! The camcorder battery was, of course, not charged and I couldn't find the right cord to plug it into a wall outlet (the camcorder falls into The Husband's realm of expertise), so I set up the new camera with the timer and periodically hit the button.
Noah's first bite gave him the shakes (similar to what you'd do if you bit into a lemon, or ate a cranberry). I have a feeling that for the bulk of the "meal," we used the same spoonfull of banana (you know - I put it in, he pushed it out, I caught it and put it back in, he pushed it back out, lather, rinse, repeat). I did, however, hear him swallow at least once, and he seemed to like it. I stopped when he started to lose interest, which coincided with a magnificent gagging noise and a head movement that made me dash for a towel to protect my pants. Thankfully, he didn't throw up, and I decided not to push it.
He's becoming such a big boy...

8 comments:

bethany actually said...

SUCH a big boy! Mashed banana (with a leetle bit of breastmilk mixed in) was Annalie's first meal too. She took a taste, looked at me like, "WHY HAVE YOU NOT BEEN SHARING THIS BEFORE NOW?!?!?" and hoovered it up.

JennyLynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JennyLynn said...

I love the look on his face!

tweetey30 said...

He has gotten so big. I cant believe where time has went. Six months old already.. Enjoy him till the end.. Take care..

Christina LMT said...

The expression on his face is priceless!

tshsmom said...

Aw c'mon Mommy! Let Noah squish it through his fingers and rub it in his hair. You're just no fun at all. ;)

CityStreams said...

You were pregnant like YESTERDAY! Where does the time go? It's a good thing we blog, because seriously, how would we ever remember it all otherwise? This is a really fun age. (But then I think all of the stages are really fun. ;o)

Jane said...

Haha, he looks really grossed out. What a cutie! :)