Friday, January 02, 2009

milestone?

Today, Noah had a complete melt-down in the car on the way home from the bookstore. We were on the road for less than 10 minutes, but by the time we got home he could. not. stop. crying. I tried to nurse him - he pushed the boob out of his mouth and screamed at the top of his lungs. I wrapped him in a blanket and rocked him - he cried. I patted his back while carrying him around the room - he cried so loudly I had to abandon the technique (too close to my ear). He finally fell asleep in his bed, swaddled, with me patting his back.
And for a long time, he continued to sob in his sleep.
It was pathetic.
It was sad.
It was also adorable.

3 comments:

Lauren S. said...

poor guy. good thing his mama new what to do!

bethany actually said...

Awww. That does sound totally pathetic and also adorable. I think in your place I would have been cracking up just because it was a better alternative than crying along with Noah. :-) I am glad he was able to go to sleep. Was he in a better mood when he woke up?

tweetey30 said...

Those kinds of melt downs are the worst because you dont know whats wrong.. Hope everythign is better today for the little tyke.