Thursday, January 01, 2009

2009

I'm full of good intentions for 2009.
I can be a little... anal at times (Jamie, stop laughing. I know you're doing it. Stoppit.). I need structure, so I decided to give myself more structure. I've been marveling at the swiftness with which time passes. Boom, another week, another month gone. Noah is almost 6 months old and I honestly have no idea where the time has gone. What I'm trying to say is that my life seems a little too go-with-the-flow-y. I want to be more intentional about what I do, so I won't wake up tomorrow with a saggy middle and grey hair and children in college and suddenly realize that life has just... flown through my fingers like sand. I want purpose. I want to stop wasting time.
I'm starting slowly (it's the only way to do it, I believe). I have household goals for January (including decluttering the closets and the kitchen cabinets), I have crafting goals for January (people keep getting knocked up, so I keep planning to make gifts), and I have personal goals for January (including taking care of my body and feeding my spirit - this will be the year I actually read through the Bible with a daily reading plan).
And, lucky you! My yearly goal includes blogging every day during the week. I'm also planning to do something creative every day and to post the result on the craft blog.

Obviously, I have given up on sleep entirely. Happy 2009!

8 comments:

bethany actually said...

Wow. Laudable and ambitious goals! Good luck!

Jamie said...

I only laughed a teensy weensy bit, I promise! Don't feel badly about how time feels like mush. Babies have a way of doing that, and the loss of a structured job is a big part of that. You've done a whole lot in these six months being a great mama to Noah!

tweetey30 said...

Happy New Year guys.. Enjoy it to the fullest.

doow said...

I do so love my ability to misread everything. I read:
"I have crafting goals for January (getting people knocked up..."

SAJ said...

I read that too Doow! Ha hahahahahha! Anyway. My new goal is to read you regularly. :)

Just a Girl said...

Are you making a check off list so you can track your doneness? :)

Happy New Year and here's to goals!

tshsmom said...

I hate to break this to you, but structure makes me MORE anal. I get all pissy when someone destroys my organization. ;)

Christina LMT said...

Happy New Year, Sonia!

I'm impressed by your goals, I have them, too, but they're all long-term...:)

Good luck!