Wednesday, December 03, 2008

easing back in

NaBloPoMo has left me a little dry, so I figured I'd ease back into the world of blogging with a meme.
Well, it's not technically even a meme, it's the one thing worse than that: a chain email.
Desperation, folks. Not pretty! Anyways... consider yourself tagged if you'd like.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I love paper, but I use whatever I have on hand, so usually recycled gift bags.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real.
3. When do you put up the tree? as early as possible, AFTER Thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down? early January. When we're ready to move on.
5. Do you like eggnog? ugh.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Tim and Anna, my two dolls.
7. Hardest person to buy for? The Husband
8. Easiest person to buy for? Sadly, myself.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, but it's cheesy. We're in the market for a grown-up one.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail (Seriously? People email Christmas cards? That just seems wrong.)
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I plead the fifth!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a tie between Christmas Vacation ("Russ. When have I ever overdone anything?") and Little Lord Fauntleroy (family tradition).
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Not sure, but I never finish until December 23rd or so.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? absolutely
15. Favorite sweet thing to eat at Christmas? oh, just about everything
16. Lights on the tree? Yes. Lights and real candles. And a fire extinguisher under the tree. :)
17. Favorite Christmas song? I couldn't possibly decide! I love them all (as long as they're not the crappy cover versions they play on the radio).
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We're staying here this year, but more often than not we go to Germany.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Well, let's see... Dancer, Prancer, Donner, Blitzen, Comet, Cupid, Vixen, and... Rudolph. So no, I can't. Dang.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? We don't have a tree topper. It's sad, really, and I've been wanting to buy one for years now, but haven't found something I like yet.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas eve, since that is The Real Christmas.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Annoying Christmas music starting mid-November. If I was Thanksgiving, I'd sue. Also, crowds everywhere.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Handmade decorations are my favorite, followed by vintage ornaments I inherited from my grandma.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? In the US, I have to have mashed potatoes and gravy with it. In Germany, I need lamb's lettuce and fondue.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Christmas Eve at Auntie Kim's house, Christmas day at our house (which means I should perhaps begin removing dust bunnies and cobwebs and, uhh, think about what to cook besides the mashed potatoes).

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I think a large bow makes a nice tree topper.

Christina LMT said...

You only forgot Dasher, so don't despair!