Monday, December 22, 2008

carded!

I just got 60 (!!!) Christmas cards mailed out. I have two more that are ready except for address labels and three extras. I'm especially proud of myself for not chickening out of writing the card to a family member whose husband just passed away. The thought of having to find a way to write "Merry Christmas" to someone who is obviously anything but merry at the moment made me cringe (for days while putting it off), but I dare say I think I've done a pretty decent job of it.
I feel like I've done nothing but write personal notes on cards for the last three days. This, of course, is not at all true. I've done lots of other things!
I took Noah to the mall on Friday (stupid idea, as everybody and their mother was also there). I made salt dough ornaments for the kids to decorate on Christmas, I made dough for two pie crusts, I made spritz cookies, I made dough for more cookies, and I vacuumed the house:
day 1: cleaning house
I even made tiny snowglobe soaps! It was one of the easiest, funnest, most satisfyingest projects I've worked on in a while:
day 2: making snowglobe soaps
Secret Agent Josephine came up with the idea and shared it on alphamom. She rocks!

5 comments:

tshsmom said...

My cousin's husband is dying of lung cancer. You're right, it's hard to know what to say. We've been emailing each other every week, so it's getting a bit easier. What she really needs to know is that we're all out here praying for them...and loving them.

Thanks for the link for the soap globes! I am soooo going to make those next year! Maybe I can find the little toys in after Christmas sales this year.

bethany actually said...

Why won't my comment post!? I'll try again.

I wrote out 50 cards when I was at my aunt's house last week. I still have 100 to go, at least. We have huge families and try to keep in touch with many of our Navy friends. Each year I try to cull and reduce the size of our card list...and each year it only grows. *sigh*

Oh well. I can be thankful we have so many loved ones to send cards to, right? :-)

tweetey30 said...

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year..

Sascha said...

Hallo Sonja,

w√ľnsche dir und deiner Familie ein frohes, gesegnetes Weihnachtsfest und einen guten Start in das neue Jahr!
Hoffe, euch geht es gut. Lg, Sascha

Christina LMT said...

Superwoman!

Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year!