Sunday, November 30, 2008

NaBloPoMo Day 30: temptation

I carry my camera wherever I go. Everywhere. Even when I don't bring a purse, my camera is with me.

The other day we were in the hair accessory aisle at Target. A woman was talking loudly and obnoxiously on her cell phone, completely unaware of her volume and, well, of how annoying she was. She carried on about how so-and-so wanted to take a photo of her tattoo. "I don't design my own tattoos so someone can take pictures of them and give other people the same design!"
On and on she talked about how nobody has pictures of her tattoos. Not a single picture! Neither of her tattoos! No pictures!!!

The English language doesn't have adequate ways to express how tempted I was.

4 comments:

bethany actually said...

Does the German language? You have those great terms like schadenfreude and weltschmerz, surely you have a word to describe being tempted beyond all reason...

Jamie said...

ooooh. That would be tough to resist!

On another note, congratulations on making it a whole month on your NaBloPoMo project!

gracie said...

You ABSOLUTELY should have done it and posted it for the NaBloPoMo world to see!

Lauren S. said...

if i was positive i wouldn't be caught, i would have totally done it.