Wednesday, November 26, 2008

NaBloPoMo Day 26: The Sick

Noah is officially sick. I was doing well with the whining and crying and clinging, but the only nap he's taken today was less than 45 minutes long. It's 4:30 and he's been awake since 1:00.
He. will. not. sleep.
Not in my arms, not in the bed, not in the Moby, not anywhere.
Instead, he will cry. In small low tones, in high-pitched tones, with gurgles thrown in, fully-blown with a breathless pause to gather air for more, in constant aaahaahahahhaahahaha mode...
Thankfully, I still do feel more sorry for him than for me. He's really plain miserable. If only I could trick him into sleep...
*sigh*

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Dr. Mendelson's whiskey idea ain't lookin so bad now is it? :P

Try some tylenol. That always works to conk out my kids when they're sick and I've tried everything else.

Christina LMT said...

Awww, poor Noah AND Sonja...:(