Monday, July 14, 2008

stats

We had our first Dr. appointment today. I'm happy to report that we were only 30 minutes late, seeing how there's an extra person to get ready - one that doesn't understand the concept of "delayed gratification" yet, esp. as it relates to mama's boobs.

at birth:
weight: 6lbs, 14oz (3125g)
length: 20in (51cm)
head circumference: 34cm

at one week:
weight: 7lbs, 4oz (3291g)
length: 21in
head circumference: 35.2cm

At one week, babies are expected to have re-gained their birth weight. My little chunker has an extra 6oz, and I can see them. It's all neck rolls...
see? I'm very cute.
The lactation consultant confirmed my self-diagnosis of oversupply and gave me some tips on how to no longer force the poor child to overeat (it makes him extremely spitty-uppy). I'm so much more at peace with his "snacky" feedings now. He gets so much food in such a short time that he doesn't need to eat for a long time. Beauty.
I also nursed in public for the first time today. In front of the hospital building on a bench, waiting for daddy to pull the car around.
And so we're all growing and doing well...

8 comments:

Elaine said...

That's how my kids nursed too, super fast. Which is good bc I'd likely have gone insane if they were lazy snackers and just hung out for 40 minutes. So nice of Noah to be considerate like that.

bethany actually said...

I hope my next child is a snacker, because Annalie was a laaaaaazzzzzyyyyy eater and hung out on the breast for an hour at a time. Luckily, she was my first child and I could get lots of reading and watching Law & Order done that way.

Congrats on your first (of many) public breastfeeding!

Noelia said...

Oooh!

RookieMom Whitney said...

Congrats on your new arrival and on your successful bf'ing. You go girl!

RookieMom Heather said...

Congrats on nursing in public. That's a big milestone!

tweetey30 said...

Glad things are going good with the little guy. I cant get the pix to load of him but will try later.

tshsmom said...

My kids were the same way...born skinny, but gained over a pound by the time they went back for their first checkup.

Z was the same weight, but 2 inches longer than Noah, so he was really a scrawny little newborn. ;)

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

oh, he is beautiful!! congratulations to you. :)