Thursday, May 01, 2008

the pain continues

So. I saw the chiropractor on Monday. I had had some sciatic nerve/lower back pain last week, but didn't actually hurt there anymore by Monday. I did, however, on Monday have pain in my upper back (bra strap area).
She cracked and cracked her way up my spine, which felt good.
Then, she adjusted my hips. Which didn't feel good.
Then, she cracked my neck, which felt okay, and massaged my lymph nodes which felt pointless.
And I left.
And I was in pain. Basically, I was sore all over.
Tuesday morning, I felt better.
Tuesday afternoon, the upper back pain was back with a vengeance. It's been there on and off. I haven't had real trouble with my lower back, which is great (but I have heard it snap and crack over the last few days).
I've also dealt with a recurring, dull headache. It's not really painful... annoying would be a better description. It seems to be getting better.
What I was told is that having a chiropractic adjustment during pregnancy is usually described as "major pampering." SO NOT!
Now my question for you is this: I have my next appointment for tomorrow.
Do I go?
(Now, I'm not a glutton for punishment, but I have this idea that over time, this will get better. So perhaps, if she re-adjusted me, I'd only be in pain for one day. And then perhaps not at all the next time.)

2 comments:

Christina LMT said...

I believe it does take time to get everything in whack. What about getting a prenatal massage...now THAT'S pampering! Not that I'm biased, or anything...

Inka said...

what about physiotherapy?
I'll try that instead of beeing adjusted everytime I go to my Doctor!