Tuesday, May 27, 2008

massive backlog

I haven't blogged in so long that I feel like a massive backlog of potential (and mentally already written and published) posts are clogging up my system. It would appear that I'll have to hit you with a bunch of bullets to free myself...

  • Junebug is a breakdancer. He does an awesome worm/squirm type move, which would be a lot cuter if he did it while I'm NOT trying to sleep.
  • I rang in my maternity leave by spending over 5 hours at school yesterday getting stuff ready for my sub. Naturally, I didn't plan on being there for that long, so I didn't bring enough food... BAD MOVE.
  • I have so many things to do before baby arrives that I'm honestly afraid to even write everything on a to-do list. I'd probably single-handedly deforest the Western United States because of the amount of paper it would take.
  • Last weekend, we got close to 110 degrees. This weekend, I was wearing fuzzy socks, wintery sweat pants and a fleece sweater. There's snow on the mountains... thankfully, there is no global climate change!
  • Elections: I'd like to get rid of the superdelegates and then have ALL the primaries on the same day. Super-Duper Tuesday, if you wish. At this point, I'm already so thoroughly sick of the candidates that I'm looking forward to 2016 when they can't campaign for re-election anymore.
  • I signed up for netflix. Sorry, to-do-list!

3 comments:

tweetey30 said...

Enjoy your leave and enjoy baby when he gets here. I have quite a lot on my to do list but I am not pregnant either.. But enjoy and take care.

tshsmom said...

We're having the same up and down weather. Sunday it was 80F, this morning it was 29F. I think the weather has bi-polar disorder.

I'm with you on changing the primaries! The sad thing about this election is that none of the candidates we have are worth a hoot. After election day it will be shoddily-run business as usual in Washington. *sigh*

ZebraBelly: said...

Were you near the tornado?

And, you know, leave the pre-baby checklist undone. I am convinced that is what caused Margie to arrive five days early. I hear moms who are fully prepared often go two weeks overdue and, apparently, that's no fun.