Monday, February 04, 2008

I would like my weekend back now, please

Saturday, I hobbled around all day because of junebug's insistence on sitting on mama's nerve. Then, towards the evening, the pain changed and became more of a dull, all-over body ache, headache, sore throat kind of a thing. And then, at 2 am on Sunday morning, I woke up with a fever. So I took as much Tylenol as I am legally allowed. And still had a fever all day long. And a headache. And the rest of my body ached as well.

No super bowl party. No tour of the birthing center. No crafting. None of the things I was looking forward to.

Instead? Blowing nose. Feverish, sweaty naps. Too hot. Too cold. Freezing. Sweating. Cold compresses on my calves. Nurse on the hotline insisting that since I'm past 20 weeks, I need to call Labor and Delivery for my questions. More Tylenol. Tea.

Boo!

2 comments:

bethany actually said...

Aw, bummer. I am sorry you're sick, and I hope you are feeling better soon!

tweetey30 said...

Yes me too. Hope it gets better soon. I know those pains you are talking about. My youngest did that to me all the time. Enjoy it as much as you can though.. LOL.. It goes by to fast.