Now that I've had my doctor's appointment, things are starting to move quickly. We have the ultrasound (that would be The Ultrasound) today, and I have an actual OB appointment tomorrow. (Apparently, yesterday's appointment was only to "check me into the system" and to take just one more vial of blood. BECAUSE THEY CAN.)
* I declined the AFP screening. I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with the little Junebug.
* I have a negative Rh. Which means that if the baby's Rh is positive and our blood somehow comes in contact, I'd start building antibodies. Antibodies = not good, so I'll get to have a shot of Rogaine... I mean, Rhogam. And after only one google-search, I'm thinking I might refuse that shot. More on that later.
* The allergy medication my old doctor told me to "go ahead and take" (which felt wrong to me, so I didn't - ha!) turns out to be a class C drug. I'm glad I listened to my gut.
* I had to have more blood taken because the first doctor didn't order a Varicella antibody test. And even though I had the chickenpox, the insistence was to test for antibodies anyways because your immunity can apparently change. At least all I had to do was go downstairs for the blood draw, and not to a separate lab.
* The Ultrasound. Today. 1615 hours. Stay tuned.