Wednesday, January 16, 2008

digest

1. The girls in my class are being eeeevil to each other (rather, two have banded together against the lone other one). I'm so angry about this that I can't even talk to them about it yet.

2. I have a really bad cold - usually, I go to bed miserable and wake up in the morning somewhat refreshed and ready to take on the day. Today, I woke up with a headache. And my eye sockets ache. And I burned my tongue on my tea. And also, I'm sitting on the couch and letting someone else take care of my Mean Girls today.

3. Insurance is still being nutty. They HAVE TO have me go to an "initial appointment" for the pregnancy at the hospital. I'm sure this USUALLY makes a lot of sense: the blood work and pap can all get taken care of there. In MY CASE, however, it would make more sense to send me to an OB with the records of the blood work and pap that were done at my initial prenantal appointment in October by my old doctor. This seems completely impossible.
All of this wouldn't upset me so much if they hadn't given me an appointment IN FEBRUARY. My next prenatal appointment was supposed to be scheduled for the end of DECEMBER. So basically, they're making me miss 2 appointments. And the all-important what-kind-of-equipment-does-it-have ultrasound won't be done at that appointment, which means depending on how busy the OB is, I'll have to wait another month until I can get a regular appointment there.
NOBODY on the insurance side seems to be concerned about this. HMO bastards (etc.).
So, what do we learn from all of this? Never change horse mid-stream. Or rather, don't change your insurance half-way through your pregnancy.

4. I can feel the baby move now. A lot. It doesn't seem to enjoy the laptop resting on my belly so very much. Puuuushes against it. Cute.

6 comments:

bethany actually said...

Oh, man. Mean girls...one of those made my 7th-grade year hellish. I knew even at the time, though, that she was miserable in her own life. Being that age is so hard. (What age do you teach? I want to say 5th grade.)

gracie said...

Yay! Baby moves!! The one good part of pregnancy!

:)

Claire said...

Ack! Hope you feel better soon. That's a lot of nastyness to deal with at one time. Hooray for the squirming baby, though!

tweetey30 said...

lol.. Glad to hear everythings going good except for the insurance.. I remember being 8 1/2 monts along with Bri and seeing our new niece for the first time and she kept trying to push out new niece off my stomach. Its a weird feeling having that little body pushing from the inside. But its amazing to watch them grow all the same.

Sitting said...

yay! go baby!

I changed insurance and moved in the middle of my recent pregnancy. Missed two appointments. Good thing growing babies isn't rocket science!

Lady Iphigenia said...

A picture! A picture! :-)