Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Photo Advent Calendar, Day 4


first gift, originally uploaded by girlwithgreencard and fabric!.

The first gift arrived at the house yesterday. I wrapped it in some really cute, fabulous wrapping paper from the Target Dollar Spot. I've been getting excited about birds these days...

Also. Today, I told people at work about the baby. Turns out some of them had their suspicions, and others were actually thinking it was about time I got knocked up. At any rate, everyone was happy.

Then I told my class. They said the following things:

"I don't believe you. You don't look pregnant." (hehe)
"Is it a boy or a girl?"
"What are you going to do if your water breaks while you're teaching?" (umm, make my students birth the baby? Hardeharhar)
"Are you going to be absent for a long time?" (hopefully not)
"I'm gonna tell my parents!" (said somewhat menacingly, making me shake with suppressed laughter)

One boy waited for everyone else to leave and asked me "Did you want a baby?" When I said yes, he offered the most un-excited congratulations I've ever heard. Interesting. I guess he'll come around.

3 comments:

tweetey30 said...

Kids are great when you are pregnant. You should have seen Kora when I was pregnant with Bri. She was only 3 but still. She was so excited at the end. but when I finally came home she wanted me to take the baby back. She didnt want her now they are best friends.

tshsmom said...

I'd watch out for that tattle-tale kid. ;)

Lady Iphigenia said...

I like the different reactions! It makes you wonder what makes they react the way they do!