Sunday, October 07, 2007

this and that and also, the other thing

(Yes. My post titles rawk. Thanks for mentioning it.)
So. My life is currently well summed-up as "work." Nonetheless, here are some blogworthy things...

1. I love my work. Love. It. Though you might be able to say that I have a small problem separating professional from private life. Behold:
teacher pose!
It's the stop-with-the-arguing-and-do-as-I-say pose.
2. We are re-doing the front yard. The project started months ago (we've gotten only one letter from the city politely telling us that no, we could not have just dirt as a front yard), and will likely go on for another 1-2. We are making progress, however:
The Husband: 1 - Palm Tree: 0
That would be The Husband using his weight to uproot the palm tree.

3. I've learned some valuable lessons:
a) Do not leave laundry in the washer for more than 12 hours. The smell that says "I've been wet in the washer for two days" is pretty difficult to remove.
b) Put Hydrogen Peroxide in your ears at the first sign of a cold (with a q-tip, smart-aleck. Of course you don't just pour it in.). It helps prevent colds - and even though I'm not exactly "healthy" just right now, I'm counting the fact that I haven't had to take any sick days as a success.
c) Put gas in your car on your way home. Seriously. Don't put it off.
d) I don't care how tired you are, clean the bathroom. Really.
e) The nervous twitch in your eye will totally go away in the next two to three days. Don't sweat it.

4. Home Depot is a riot. Picture evidence on flickr.

7 comments:

Christina said...

I once had a nervous twitch in my left eye for three weeks...
Just sayin', is all...

Madwag said...

looks like a lot of hard work.... can't wait to see the end result.

Loved the post about Pete.... cool

tweetey30 said...

Sounds like you have been very busy and keeping at school too. Good job and glad to hear you like your job.

Elaine said...

YAY for fun posts from Sonja! Seriously, I'm beside myself with joy. Looks like you're hard at work and the husband is throwing his weight around appropriately!

Sitting said...

did he at least bring you the coconuts?

tshsmom said...

I HATE it when I forget clothes in the washer!! It's just plain nasty! Try baking soda; it works for me.

We weren't planning on doing any work on our front yard. However, after they dug in our power line, we've got a HUGE mess that needs to be fixed next spring. :(

Matt W. said...

Thanks so much for the very sweet birthday message, Sonja and Daniel! You guys are very thoughtful!

Matt