Sunday, July 08, 2007
baby shower lessons
1. When you play that game where people have to taste baby food jars, stick to the fruity flavors. Veggie flavors are very intense (and a good deal too strong for most), and the "dinners" that have more than one ingredient (like chicken and rice) are positively vomitrocious. Trust me.
2. Frosting melts really fast.
3. If you're watching your weight and you don't want to eat a cupcake, that's fine. But do me a favor and stop talking about "being good" while I enjoy my chocolatey goodness.*
4. Use Ghirardelli baking mix. I'm not a friend of mixes, but these were hands down THE BEST CUPCAKES EVAH!
5. Handmake a gift, impress people.
*Yes. I made the little animal cookies and frosted tails and eyes and spots and whatnot. The theme was "safari" and I went with it. People asked me if I'd heard of "stores" and "buying cookies," but they jus jeluz.