Thursday, May 24, 2007

movie update

Thank you, internets! My queue is fat and healthy and I'm looking forward to hours of entertainment.
Here's a list:
The Holiday - irrationally love this movie
Stranger Than Fiction - one of the best movies, ever
Who Killed the Electric Car? - on the list
Akeelah and the Bee - on the list
Elizabethtown - one of my faves
Fun with Dick and Jane - on the list
Eddie Izzard (anything he does makes me giggle... except for his new series The Riches', which is good, but not funny) - put him on the list, too
Rumor Has It - seen it
The Family Stone - seen it (bothered me... made me want to jump Sarah Jessica Parker - and not in a good way!)
Murderball (R, but an amazing documentary) - on the list
Mr. and Mrs. Smith (ummm, violence) - love!
Calendar Girls - own it (on VHS... mwahahhaa!)
Super Size Me - on the list
Spanglish - seen it/loved it
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels - excellent movie
Shattered Glass - seen it
Waiting for Guffman - seen it/back on the list
The Full Monty - seen it
A Good Year - seen it - I liked it but I had a really hard time getting over what kind of a jerk the main character is (at least in the beginning). And his hair... grrr. The story was good, though! ;)
Chattanooga Choo Choo - on the list
Independence Day - seen it
Twister - seen it
What the $#@%# to We Know? (A MUST SEE!!!!!!!!!!!) - on the list
Baraka (so amazing) - on the list
Hope Floats - seen it *sigh*
Under the Tuscan Sun - seen it
Memoirs of a Geisha - on the list
Amelie (MUST SEE THIS ONE IF YOU HAVENT!) - on the list
Spanglish - seen it
In Her Shoes - love it
After Life - on the list
I Love You to Death - good one - back on the list
Blues Brothers - seen it/back on the list

4 comments:

tshsmom said...

Fun with Dick and Jane - Cute, but the original was better.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith-SME sent us her copy, as they didn't like it and we
loved it.

Calendar Girls -Cute

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels -You gotta love Michael Caine!

The Full Monty - Another cute one.

Twister - One of Z's favorites.

Hope Floats -Gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling.

Memoirs of a Geisha -Extremely well done. One of L's favorites.

Amelie-I'm surprised that L hasn't wanted to rent this one. He loved the book!

Blues Brothers -We've had this one since it came out. I hate it, but my family LOVES it. :(

Claire said...

One really worth checking out is Train Man - it's a recent Japanese romantic comedy that is just adorable. Netflix has it. Elizabethtown is one of my all time favorites, too.

gracie said...

Yay, Yay, Yay! What the #$%^ Do We Know? and Amelie are on your list. You wont be disappointed... with Amelie. The other one is weird enough that you at least wont be bored but it's still a must see!

tweetey29 said...

I havent seen half of what you have here. We have Twister and Independance Day here and a few others.