Friday, April 06, 2007

procrastinator extraordinaire

Two weeks ago, when the topic of Easter came up in our church, I opened my big mouth and announced that The Husband and I would prepare and host a Good Friday service at our house.
Last week, I opened my big mouth again and told The Husband not to worry about anything. I volunteered to prepare EVERY STINKIN LAST LITTLE THING. Including the talk.
Today is Good Friday. My house is a mess, I'm dead tired, my hair is flat and greasy, and the talk (sermon, meditation, whatever you want to call it) is only about 2/3 done. The only thing that's on schedule is the bread I'm making for communion.
Ladeeda. Better stop blogging.

5 comments:

Elaine said...

Wow. Lemme know how that works out for ya!

Sonja said...

At 5:30, I threw most of my script out and re-thought the whole thing. That was fun.
At 7, when the first people showed up, I was still making the ppt presentation with the pictures.
At 7:30, when everybody had arrived, I was ready. And it went well. Phew.

tweetey29 said...

Sounds like fun. One of the people that we know is coming from a bigger church associated with ours tonight for a Easter play. We are thinking about attending it. More for the girls if nothing else tonigh and socialize a bit.

Sitting said...

I know I am late, but if you'll excuse the flippancy, I'd have gone with a presentation like this:

Jesus died. But that's not the end of the story. Wait til Sunday and it gets a whole lot better.

Would anyone like some chocolate cake?

tshsmom said...

It sounds like you work better when you're under pressure.