Wednesday, April 25, 2007

interview meme

Nicole has kindly agreed to interview me (and frankly, I think her last question should be a requirement for all interviews from here-on out!).
Enjoy!

1) You're German. Teach me how to seduce my man in your native language.
I really don't think that German on the whole is a very seductive language. Perhaps some Italian or French would work better for you, mon cherie!

2) Let's pretend I take you up on the offer and move to Southern California. We get the whole day to hang out. What should we do?
What a loaded question! What do you want to do?
We should for sure have some delicious, cheap, artery-clogging breakfast at that cute 50s-style downtown diner.
Then we could head to the beach (baywatch!) or to the mountains (peace and quiet) or hunt for starlets in Hollywood (celebrity homes map optional). We could hit a mall to peoplewatch and make fun of the massive silicone-boobs that are all too common around here. We could spend a few hours at Super JoAnne's and then hole up in my craft room for the rest of the day, sharing my sewing machine.
We should definitely visit the award-winning ice cream parlor in town (walking distance from my house), just to make sure their quality is still up to par.
And finally, I'd like to get you liquored up enough to get to see some of your amazing dance moves.

3) What is your favorite treat? (I'm partial to ice cream and dark chocolate.)
Well, who isn't partial to chocolate?!!

4) Is there anything about life in the U.S. that still surprises you? Annoys you?
mostly annoyed by now...
Baseball. How can everybody get into something that is, quite frankly, very boring?
In the same vein, I'm a little disappointed by how little attention hockey is getting!

Bagging groceries. I often discover that a thoughtful teenager has put cans of beans on top of tomatoes and/or bananas. If that's not the case, 17 cans of tuna are in one flimsy plastic bag. And if that's not the case, each of my items is in a separate plastic bag. Plastic bags that will be in landfills forever! SO BAGBOY, don't give me that look when I possess the audacity to BRING MY OWN REUSABLE BAG.

5) My favorite question: bikini, brief, thong, commando, other? Explain.
The correct answer is bikini! Comfortable, non-restrictive, and not too naked.

Want to play? Here's how it works:
Leave me a comment requesting an interview.
I will email you five questions. I get to pick the questions. BWAHAHAHAHA.
You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
You will include this explanation (or a reasonable variation) and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

4 comments:

Just a Girl said...

The baggers are so clueless. I make sure I put my groceries on the belt heaviest to lightest and they still manage to squish stuff.

I like the interview idea, as to being asked the questions, but not sure I want to be the askee :)

tweetey29 said...

I worked in a grocery store once here in town and the boys did a fairly good job. It was me that messed up more than once when I had a free minute to bag and didnt need the baggers.

tshsmom said...

Go ahead, shoot some questions my way. ;)

katze said...

OK, I'm in: question away!

And also? I totally thought that the idiot baggers was a local phenomenon. You've never seen so much stupidity. And I HATE when they give me attitude about using my canvas bags.