Monday, February 12, 2007

ahem

So. I'm back online and faced with the dilemma of what to write. Surely, after three weeks of silence, it should be something extraordinary. Certainly, I might give you a short overview of what's been going on with me. Definitely, you have to know about my new computer.
But all I really have right now is this:

You know what I like about teaching? All the holidays you get off. And so I'm currently celebrating President's Day in bed with my new favorite, catching up on the over 300 (!) new posts on your blogs.

Here's something I've been wondering about: How is it that single shoes end up in the middle of the road relatively often? I currently pass three shoes (none match) on my way to school every day. One of them is a kid's shoe, the others are adult sizes. The kid's shoe is way out in the center turning lane on a five-lane street. The others are slightly off-center, but still in the road. Why? And how???

7 comments:

tweetey29 said...

No idea really but when you have kids and open windows anything can happen at anytime. I know that. Sippy cups tend to fly real fast if your not paying attention. I never had shoes but cups and bottles go out the window. Hope all is well.I am going to be posting some pix of our mini Vacation to Wisconsin Dells here in a bit. When you get a moment take a peek. You may not be able to see us girls on the slide but it gives you an idea of what we had to do. Its an inside water park during the winter and it also has an outdoor water park for summer months. It was awsome pulling into the dells and seeing these huge motels with slides on the outside of them. I cant explain it. LOL.. Well hope all is well and enjoy your day off and I am going for now. My little one is hungry and so am I after having a cold and fever for four days off and on. Take care Tweety.

tshsmom said...

I don't know how to break this to you, but President's Day is NEXT Monday! Looks like you get an extra holiday! ;)
Congrats on the new computer! Won't you miss crapbox?

zebrabelly said...

two words: shoe fairy.

welcome back!!

European said...

Tweety - waterparks... I have a love/hate relationship with those. Love swimming, but hate having to dry off (no, really). Love thrills, but am actually sort of afraid to go down the tubey slides. Too tight and enclosed for me.
Tshsmom - Why, you're right! It's actually Lincoln's Birthday, not Presidents' Day. Let's blame the Presidents' Day Sale Commercials!
Zebrabelly - thank you for clearing that up.

tweetey29 said...

This particular park didnt have the whole tub on top of you. It was an open slide. It was wonderful for the girls though. Hope you are enjoying catching up on your reading our blogs and commenting. Thanks for the advice on my mom though. I will take that highly if they move here from MN.

gracie said...

Yay, she's back. Hurray!

katze said...

Well, if you've gotten that far on my blog, you already know that, apparently, they just fly out of the back of pickup trucks.