Tuesday, January 16, 2007

the last straw?

Hey! I haven't talked about That Job I Have And Do Not Like in a while...
Last week, I got a letter. One of the districts I had applied to (as a sub) recently, sent me a letter to invite me to an interview. This interview will be a mere formality, judging from the letter.

Ever since I started working where I am now, I've hoped for another job. I check the job listings on the internet EVERY MORNING before heading off for work.

Ever since I received that letter, I've been plagued by doubts about whether I should stay or go. After all, I was doing something noble. I was starting to feel a little more included (though not much). They finally started emptying my trash. The shy girl I have finally spoke a complete sentence on Friday.

Ever since I read that letter, I've been thinking about what would be more likely to get me hired next school year: Putting "intervention teacher" on my resumee for Nov.06 - June07 or subbing at multiple schools/districts?

Ever since this morning, I have a much bigger motivation to quit and move on.
I spent the entire three-day weekend rinsing my sinuses and coughing, miserably hanging out on the couch - except for a trip to the doctor's office, where I was diagnosed with bronchitis, given a prescription for antibiotics, and advised to stay home until Wednesday or Thursday. When I called in sick this morning, the principal herself answered the phone, and instead of wishing me well or showing some sympathy, she treated me as though I was sick purposely to hurt her.
Jerk.

I'm going to give it my all in the interview. And once they hire me, I'll quit this job. And not look back.

7 comments:

Adrian said...

Principals are MUPPETS.

GOOD LUCK WITH THE INTERVIEW!!

(Holding thumbs)

tweetey29 said...

Way to go. I know you said you were looking for something better and i think you just found it. YES very good luck with the interview. We are all wishing you luck on my end here. Keep your fingers crossed and I will check back in a couple of days to see how things are going. LOL.. N.

Just a Girl said...

Lovely having a boss like that.

Good luck with the interview: fingers crossed.

Nicole said...

GOOD LUCK! You're going to rock their world.

BTW - I've been reading and stalking but being a very lazy commenter. I'll try to fix that. ;)

European said...

Adrian - thanks, mate!
Tweety - thank you! Sounds like you have your very own employment-related misery on your hands. Sorry to hear that.
Girl - lovely indeed...
Nicole - I've been faithfully stalking you, too.

tweetey29 said...

Yes but we will figure it out and thanks for your input on it. Its jsut the advice and a little ventign again. I like this because then I can get lots of advice without making lots of long distance phone calls. It makes sense to me.

Richie said...

Your boss is stupid. Good luck with the interview!