Thursday, January 11, 2007

If I ruled the world...

...children would not be allowed to come to school until they knew when and how to blow their noses and how to turn their heads away from others and properly cover their mouths when they cough.
Instead, the little carrier monkeys come to school and cheerfully announce "Teacher, I sick!" before they sniffle and cough and generally spew germs ALL OVER THE ROOM.

Chip? On my shoulder? No, I enjoy sitting on the couch with a sore throat. Three-day weekend, here I come!

7 comments:

Edge said...

My wife, the kindergarten teacher, has super immunity after 11 years of that kind of behavior. I feel for you. I can't tell you the number of stories she's told about throw up.

~Jef

tweetey29 said...

I feel for you too. I mean as a stay at home mom K was sick for a week before x-mas break. I mean she went back for one day and then she had the whole week off for x-mas. Get better soon and let us know how are. Take care and rest lots. Get lots of sleep and stay warm. Sorry the maternal part of me coming out on you. I wont lecture you. LOL...

European said...

Edge - so far, no throw-up, thank God! I have a sympathy gag reflex, so if one of the kids threw up, I'd probably go along with the theme. *shudder*
Tweety - got it. Stay warm, drink lots of fluids... ;)

BTW, guys, Dustin Hoffman's all: "Ross! Marcel is MY MONKEY. Call me, dude!"

slick said...

Yuck....being sick sucks anyway.

Hope you get to feeling better. At least 1 good thing came out of it...the 3 day weekend :)

tweetey29 said...

Sorry but my maternal instincts kick in when i think of someone being sick. You arent much younger than me more than likely but the advice helps. LOL.. Anyway I have been tagged by Jeannie and now its your turn besides, tshsmom, sme,and vancouver. I still dotn know a lot of people here I am trying. Get better. N.

Adrian said...

Take them outside and BEAT THEM.

REPEATEDLY

European said...

slick - indeed...
tweety - no problem!
adrian - so tempting... but illegal