Monday, December 11, 2006

Photo Advent Calendar, Day 11: my favorite things or Linguistic Satisfaction: demand it from all Christmas music

handmade gifts for two sisters who live in a winter wonderland
raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
silverwhite winters that melt into springs
these are a few of my favorite things

I'm a little puzzled by how much I like this song. It has a certain element that reminds me of rap (or rather, the German hiphop I like*). The rhythm and the rhyme give me such a feeling of... linguistic satisfaction - it's fast, it's beautiful, it seamlessly fits together. And quite aside from that, the song reminds me of my sister, because she played it with the school big band (and I have the CD).
So if you're bitten by a dog, or perhaps stung by a bee, or still sick after a weekend of lounging on the couch DVD-watching your own Lord of the Rings marathon (extended editions, too), remember your favorite things and... I think you won't feel quite so bad!

*Okay, so I had NO IDEA what their name meant. What can I say - I'm a big fan! This, BTW, is an excellent song (about soccer and the world cup), albeit not very hip-hoppy.

No comments: