Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Year's Eve, German Style

I'd blog, but the abilty to form thoughts in English has left me and the German keyboard is complicating typing unnecessarily. Thus, I invite you to watch this little piece of German-ness (courtesy of youtube). We* watch this every year for New Year's (for no reason I can discern). It's Miss Sophie's 90th birthday, and because her 4 closest friends have passed away, her butler James has to impersonate them.


*everybody in Germany - as a matter of fact, if you said "Same procedure as last year, Miss Sophie? - Same procedure as every year, James." to somebody German, they'd know exactly what you're talking about (and think that you're cool).

6 comments:

Adrian said...

LOL!!

We used to have this on South African TV every new Year too!!

VERY FUNNY!!

(and classic)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Just a Girl said...

I can't watch it yet!

Happy New Year European :)

katze said...

Oh, the memories! I was utterly mystified as everyone else in the room roared with laughter and quoted the lines...

gracie said...

That is very cute!
Happy New Year Sonja!

tweetey29 said...

Yes Happy New Year. We sat around doing nothing here. We went to the Zoo on Saturday but other wise the weekend was quiet. Like we like it.

tweetey29 said...

I watched this last night finally and I think he would get the idea that the rug was right there after about the second time until he finally goes around it to then trip on his face when going back with the second bottle of wine. LOL... It was funny. Thanks for sharing.