Tuesday, November 14, 2006

blogger's block

Me no can write today. Ideas cooperate not with brain.
Maybe it's because I cleaned all my windows this morning and breathed in too much windex.
Maybe it has to do with the sheer size of the IKEA store and the fact that I was sent from the warehouse back upstairs not once but twice. TWICE! And perhaps it has to do with the fact that the stool I wanted to buy was sold out and won't be back in stock for another two weeks.
Maybe it's tied to the fact that yesterday, after I ordered a turkey, purchased extra plates and silverware and sitting contraptions, D. told me that his cousin who had initially said that he couldn't make it was coming for Thanksgiving after all, and that now I will have to return to IKEA.
Maybe it is caused by the shortness of the dryer cord that cannot reach the special electrical outlet that we had put in for a small fortune and I had to return to the laundromat last night. The contractor did the measurements. He is also not returning our calls. Hrmpf!
At any rate. I can't write today.

2 comments:

tshsmom said...

I'd be hanging that contractor up by a dryer power cord right about now!

Elaine said...

And me? Cannot comment. 18 people coming here for dinner on Saturday night. Haven't that many plates. Haven't room. What was I thinking?