Monday, October 30, 2006

recent personal growth (exciting news hidden in this entry)

1. After having a hard time not crying on the way home from work last Monday, and dissolving into tears on the drive home on Tuesday, I marched myself right into my boss' office on Wednesday morning and told him that my poor delicate psyche could no longer take the making of phone calls all day, four days a week until the end of the year. I told him of the sleepless nights and the stomach knots, and suggested splitting my time between calling and other tasks. He was very understanding and concerned and happy to oblige me. Strangely enough, calling only half of the day made all the difference. The clouds moved, and I could see the sun (metaphorically speaking, as there is no sun in a cubicle).
2. I'm happy to report that today was my last day of making calls. Tomorrow, I will shop for pants (ugh), and on Wednesday, I start my new job. I am the newest intervention teacher for a local elementary school! I will get to pull groups of kids out of their regular classrooms to teach them extra language arts, and while this isn't exactly what I had in mind, it is a) in my field of expertise, which means that I get to use my graduate degree, b) not requiring the use of a phone, script, or database.
Hallelujah!

As a side note, we went to see the Ducks play last Wednesday and I am happy to report that we obliterated the Edmonton Oilers 6:2! I'm still sort of basking in the glow of that victory.

7 comments:

Elaine said...

YAY! So thrilled for you and the new job!

Sonja, she rocks!

Anonymous said...

Nice! Congrats on the job :)

Christina said...

So, so happy for you!
This has been a very frustrating time for you, but see...good things come to those who wait (trite, but true!)
Can't wait until I graduate...then it will be a new job for me, too!
Hopefully...

gracie said...

Yay, Euro! I'm so happy for you. (and the Ducks) [quack]

tshsmom said...

Are you pregnant?
Congrats on the job! I knew something would open up eventually.

Little Sister said...

I went to Icehockey yesterday and the Mannheimer Adler lost 3:4 !!! it was horrible!

Jay said...

Holy good for you! It's so exciting that you get to make this change. Be happy!