Thursday, August 17, 2006

proud to dork it

Hi internets!
I've been reading. As in, those oldfashioned books, and from the library to boot. So, book report time!!!
1. The tenth circle by Jodie Picoult
This book was fascinating and all, but something was amiss. The ending just doesn't sit right with me. At any rate, I enjoyed the mystery, and I do like Picoult (esp. this one and this one).
2. Skinny Dip by Carl Hiaasen
This book had me in stitches more or less the entire time it took to read it. And, unlike the Picoult book, the ending is highly satisfying. This, my friends, I recommend. Highly.
3. The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous, and Broke by Suze Orman
I know. Dorky. Also: oh so very informative. I'm getting pretty excited about knowing my way around retirement accounts. Smart is sexy, y'all.

Any recommendations from you, my dears?

2 comments:

gracie said...

"Reading Lolita in Tehran" (only on pg 80-ish but its already great in a funny/sad kind of way)

"Til We Have Faces" - C.S.Lewis classic, reinvented mythology

"Memiors of a Geisha" favorite book ever (best if read before movie, I'd imagine, even though movie was great and true to story.)

gracie said...

Oh! And "Plan B" by Anne Lamott